Yesterday at 9:13am I got a call from Children's Hope. It was Erin who has worked with us since early in the process. Sean was already on the line (she had called him first at work) and then she told us the WONDERFUL news. After over 11 months since our paperwork was in the country, and a couple of weeks ago, changing our referral request to expand the ages because we had given up on two little ones, we were referred identical twin boys. They are not even three months old. They are very cute and I just can't believe God's provision. Last Monday I asked other families at our agency to pray for sibling referrals, as there hadn't been any in SO long (since July). Since then there have been TWO since a week ago Monday, one for the family that had been waiting a year, and now yesterday for us. Thank you Jesus! This is the best Christmas present ever!!!
After the phone call we received pictures and background information over email. They are so precious-big healthy looking cheeks, big brown eyes, a full head of hair...I couldn't be more thankful!
I was so excited yesterday but between phone calls to family and friends I had to see clients and it was a bit difficult to focus. Last night I had a hard time sleeping, I started thinking of all the things I need to do to prepare for two infants and I was beginning to feel very overwhelmed. How will I go to the grocery store? How will I feed both of them if they are hungry and crying? Oh I have so much to learn but I have never been so excited to meet these two little people. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Today I will receive their official packet in the mail, try to have a pediatrician look over their medical histories, prioritize things for the next month, probably call Erin at CHI, I have a million questions... Thank you for all your prayers. This long wait has been SO amazingly worth it. I hope we can travel soon, all I can think is that I want to hold these babies and squeeze their cheeks!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I have been hoping and praying your call would come at just the right moment. How precious! 2 tiny babies! There could not be anyone more excited for you than me!
Congratulations! I am so excited you guys received your referral.
Rachel, I think you and Sean will learn just like all other parents...with practice. I cannot wait until a court date when we can gaze upon their gorgeous faces. Oh and add to your list picking out names.
In the meantime we'll pray that they continue to be healthy and gain weight! Chubby cheeks are the best!
Congratulations!!! We are so thrilled for you. Again, just the perfect referral for the right family!
We have been following your blog for many months now - we are just north of you in Bellingham and are also waiting for siblings. :)
Good luck with all of the preparations. It is a lot, but like everything, it will work out just fine!
Cheers!!
congrats again, guys!! i am so thrilled for you! can't wait to see thier pictures!!
The power of prayer!!!! I gave a big shout out to you on my blog..... So happy for you, can't wait to see there little faces...Congrats
I knew it!! I could just feel it after your post last week. It makes perfect sense now that the wait was what it was. Two beautiful infant boys for you. So very, very exciting. BTW - I'm sure you'll do just fine getting everything prepared. This is the fun part!
Congratulations!
You can do it! Twins are so much fun. There is so much work to be done but you will be surprised at how much you can do. Also the bond between them will be so much more solid than a regular sibling.
As for shopping, get a double stroller. :) For grocery shopping put one in the front carrier and one in the carriage. :)
Feel free to email any questions you may have. I had two my first time around. :)
We are so excited for you. Our 3 month old boy is probably taking with your little ones right now. Our identicle twin girls are now 12 and they have been the biggest blessing in our lives you could imagine. The first few years are a blur... but it is so worth it. Just lean on your family and friends A LOT. They love it and it will strengthen all your relationships. The love just grows. With any luck we will see your little ones next weekend if our court is successful Friday.
Clark & Annette Mabey
SO so thrilled for you! I love how you expanded your ages and yet the Lord still gave you the desires of your heart...two infants. How beautiful is that!
I have a perpetual calendar with a scripture and a little "talk/thoughts to the Lord" for each day. At certain points in my adoption journey, it fit perfectly for that day.
Let me share what it says for your referral day, November 10th. It 'fits" perfectly once again:
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry"(Psalm 40:1)
"Lord, all day long, We've been laughing and singing. We've been shouting and praising! After months of waiting and pleading You have wonderfully answered prayer! You have promised that those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. It is happening, dear Lord, to us...to us."
I'll have to take a photo and email it to you!
hugs and big congratulations to you!
Annie and Maya
This is seriously the best news! I am just overjoyed for you guys!What an incredible blessing!!
Post a Comment