Friday, November 14, 2008

Referral Accepted

We accepted the referral the other day and our paperwork just arrived in Ethiopia this morning. I keep looking at these darling faces and I just can't wait to hold them. I'm still not sure how I'll do it but my heart is overjoyed. I am so overwhelmed with the wonderful responses from people! I am humbled and so thankful for the outpouring of love in anticipation of meeting these amazing kids. I think God must have a very special plan for them to have so much happen to them so early in their lives, and to bring them all the way here to grow up! I can't wait to be a part of it.

I was looking back today (I have the day off) over the past year and all the steps that have brought us this far and all the ways that God has affirmed our path. I feel such comfort and love knowing that He is in control even now before I can be with the babies. I think I will make a story book of the journey for each of the kids. It is something that will keep me busy before we travel! I just hope that it will be smooth sailing from now until we can bring them home but there is no certainty in that. So I have two big prayers right now:
1) For a court date ASAP so we can hold those babies and get them home!
2)That the DNA HIV tests that we are ordering show us for sure for sure that there is no HIV. (they stopped doing the better test in September so we had to order it specifically. This is only for our peace of mind)

I was feeling quite overwhelmed on Tuesday thinking about all I need to do and pack but I am feeling better now, knowing that I cannot possibly prepare for everything so I will pack as best I can and get the rest once I am in Ethiopia. It will help their economy anyway:) In terms of preparing stuff here I do need to figure out what essentials I need for when they arrive, such as car seats, a place to sleep, some bottles, formula, basic clothes and diapers because my shower won't be until I get home with the babies. I want to have some things ready but most things will be able to wait a week or two I hope?

Anyway for those of you that read this, thank you! I'm not use to this blogging thing yet and sometimes I wonder who would be interested but it is nice to record my thoughts never the less:)

3 comments:

Annie said...

I AM definitely interested in reading your blog and so glad that you have this wonderful news to write about! I will keep those prayer requests in my prayers. I also had my big shower after I got home...thank God for the friends who loaned me a lot. Just remember it will all fall into place :)

Missy said...

Congrats again on your wonderful blessing!!! Twins...I just think that is soooo cool!!!

Erin Sager said...

so happy for you, and hoping you get a court date very soon, so you can hold your babies in your arms....