Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I came across this today

and remember what an encouragement it was to me three years ago when my friend Ashley sent it to me in the mail. At the time I had no clue how God was going to put my family together! I had been trying to get pregnant for over 2 years and was very frustrated. She got it from a class she was in, I'm not sure who said it but its so encouraging if you are waiting:

"If God bids us to wait, He has a purpose. He wants to reveal Himself to you. If He had come when affection dictated, they would have missed all the blessing. Therefore wait upon the Lord. His delays are not denials. Divine love permits pain. God knows what kind of pain to bring into our lives to change us. He is planning..."

It is so fun to read this now and see how God has worked!




2 comments:

Fine family said...

Thanks, I needed that!

Annie said...

just beautiful...it's hard to accept when you are going through it, though, isn't it? I can't imagine how hard the infertility was for you.

MOWA just put a limit on singles adopting and I feel heartbroken for my friends who were so close to a referral and now delayed by a year. But I think that quote says it all.....