Tuesday, April 22, 2008
there have been a lot of referrals lately....
our name must be getting closer to the top:) Although I know we are asking for very young siblings, a difficult referral so I am trying to prepare myself for more weeks, or at least days of waiting. I can't help but think about my 30th birthday coming up and how nice it would be to have a referral around then. I am shutting down my practice now and preparing to be a full time mommy, at least for awhile. Sean is spending much time in India and it looks like I will likely go and spend time with him there if we don't get a referral first:) So many things up in the air, an exciting time...my friend said the other day it sounds like you are starting the roller coaster ride about now...and it feels like it. It is hard to terminate with my clients...it is hard to shut down my practice for a life that is so unknown to me right now, but I couldn't be more excited at the thought of being a mom to these precious little ones in Ethiopia. Those are my random thoughts for the day...sorry I'm not posting more, I will plan to once the referral comes in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the update Rachel! It's so great to know what you and Sean are up to. Does a referral mean that you have been given the option to adopt a child, but it wasn't the right match for you so you are opting to wait for the perfect match of two young siblings? I hope you get that special call soon! Your life does sound very exciting right now! Good luck in shutting down your practice - I know that must be hard, but you won't look back once you are busy with the babies...
Shanna
Oh, nevermind.. I read it again and see that you said that your friends have been getting the referrals. That makes sense... I can't wait to hear more!
Post a Comment