Sean and I just returned from India. It was a great whirl wind trip-Long plane rides but a great week in a very different place. We had several days to relax, enjoy the beach and the tourist sites near Chennai and one day of visiting work that World Vision is doing with AIDS victims, at an orphanage and at a site that works with woman who have the horrible disease. We were able to talk with them and hear their stories, wow. It reminded me of my humble place in this adoption process. When I get impatient that we have not gotten a referral yet, I need to remember the families that are having to give up their kids due to insurmountable circumstances. They may be experiencing their last days with their children before having to give them up forever. In any case God is teaching me that his ways are higher than mine and I must trust this process that is in his hands.
I am now back here in Bonney Lake, Sean is getting ready for his next trip and recovering from a nasty flu he had over the weekend. I have reopened my practice as the wait for siblings is currently quite long and our possible move to India has been canceled. Interestingly I really liked India and I wouldn't have minded staying a little longer:)
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Welcome Home! Just think of that plane ride as a practice run!!!!
Soon you'll be on your way to Ethiopia!
Hi! I have read and commented on the CHI yahoo group and I know that you and Lisa are both very ready for your phone call. Another sibling referral today! Was it you? Anyway, glad to find your blog and I will be checking in frequently to hear the news!!!
Post a Comment