Wednesday, July 29, 2009

almost a year old!

I am sorry that I do not blog much now. When I have time I am working on baby books:) I finally finished our adoption story book-there is just something about having something to pick up and read and be able to one day give our kids that I really want to have.

The boys are doing great. They are SO active now and keep me busy every moment of their waking day. They love to take everything and anything out of or off of whatever they can find-cupboards, tables, drawers, window sills...they love to climb up and down the stairs (or whatever they can climb on), they love to explore and play with balls and sticks and eat dirt and sand (handful after handful). They both go around pointing at things saying "DAT, DAT"-it seems to me like they are saying "look at that mom, that is something I would like to touch, or that is something that looks interesting"...it is usually lights, fans, or things they know they may not touch (fireplace, light sockets, etc...)...

I am loving being a mom, I am exhausted often and currently very hot and missing my air conditioned office during the day (its been about 100 degrees all week long), but would not choose to be anywhere but here with my sweet boys playing and teaching and loving them:)

Here are a couple pics, the first is of the boys on their new slide that our friends the Nicolls recently passed on to us (Eli in Orange, Caleb in Blue). The second picture was taken just this morning-they love their new beach balls from Auntie Sarah. It is too warm for clothes today! Eli is in front in this picture.


10 comments:

Missy said...

WOW!! The boys have grown!!! They look so cute and happy!!! Glad to read the update!!

Randy said...

WOWZA!! I've been checking your blog daily for weeks and I'm thrilled to get an update! The boys have grown even since June when we finally got to meet them! So glad to hear all is well and that you are enjoying being a mom. Our court date is two days away!! We can't wait and get our little guys!! Love in Christ, Sary-Jo

Anonymous said...

They look great! How in the world do you get them both to smile at the same time for a picture?!

Gretchen Magruder said...

Holy cow!! The boys have grown so much since we saw you with them at the HOH!! Looks like your family is doing beautifully!!

Steve and Aimee Walker said...

Wow! They have changed sooo much. Looks like they are doing great!

Alida said...

WOOHOOHOOO ... my goodness Rachel ..... they are growing ... and my goodness are they cute!!!! I can imagine it being a rough time, but don't worry, it'll pass, it'll get better ... mine was the same way ... but you have double the fun! Enjoy it ... it won't last forever ... and then you'll ask yourself where it all went. The boys are soooo sooooo cute and handsome ..... and loved!!!!

gigglechirp said...

gorgeous boys!!!

Annie said...

Thanks for the update! Glad that all is going well....I can see it's very busy but that's to be expected. The boys are simply adorable :)

Missy said...

Some babies, you can tell just by looking at them that they have so much personality - like these! I think the more they grow, the more they are going to crack you up!

Blessings!!

Daniela said...

They are sooo adorable! Would love to see an update on them! :)