We are in a fairly small townhouse now in Arlington with three levels, no garage and no backyard. I really am excited about living here, so much to do and see, easy fun places to walk and a ton of young professional families. It is interesting though that we move from our large suburban home (the second we've owned in our marriage) into a smaller, urban setting now that we have kids. There are 4 sets of stairs to go down to get to our place, so to go anywhere with the boys is quite a job right now. I am 22 weeks pregnant (with boy #3) so my doctors tell me not to carry the boys. This is not possible, but it probably isn't smart to carry both of them-so usually up the stairs I carry Eli (who really likes to be held still) and hold Caleb's hand as he tries his best to walk up the stairs. I am hoping once the weather clears (we now have about 3 feet of snow on the ground) , and warms up, they can crawl up the stairs and then learn to walk up the stairs, I actually have them crawl sometimes now but it just takes SO long as they get distracted at every turn by the trees and sticks and stones-true "boys". I've enjoyed taking the boys to the parks around here and walking with them to do errands, so I tried to do this yesterday in the snow quite unsuccessfully. It is much harder to push a stroller in the snow than I ever thought it would be:)
Anyway that is our quick family update. Sean is still with World Vision, just a new position and new office. He is enjoying it quite a bit. He is such a good Dad and the boys LOVE him. When he is out of town they ask for him constantly. Here are some pictures over the past few months:
Halloween:
Eli Fall, in WA
Caleb fall-Wa
Eli-about 15 months
Caleb-same
Go Georgia Tech! (caleb)
The snow was so fun when it was only a few inches!
It is still fun, but we're ready for it to stop anytime:), it took Sean over 2 hours to dig our car out
The boys, helping us unpack-Eli then Caleb!
God has been very good to us, continuing to bless us at each step. Can't believe just a year ago we were still in Ethiopia waiting to pass court! Wow time flies...
You can also follow us on facebook, I'm a little better about posting there:)
Rachel

9 comments:
22 weeks pregnant!!! SO exciting, congrats Rachel & Sean!
Congratulations on your pregnancy and it's so wonderful to see the boys so big and happy! I remember them being little, sleepy babes in your arms in Ethiopia.
Yay for the move as well. We're hoping to get relocated to the DC area soon(ish).
So happy for you all!!!! Toddlers, stairs, snow and a little one on the way, Wow!! Thank you for posting about your progress. You are in our prayers!
Love from all the Ashcrafts
Congratulations on boy #3! I cannot imagine taking care of twin toddlers while being pregnant!
The boys look adorable.
SO cute and such big boys now!!! Congrats on #3...a houseful of boys...I LOVE it!!!
So excited for you and your new baby. So wonderful to see those boys again!
Great to have you back. :) I'm sure life has been busy!!! WOW on #3!!!! How exciting! Do let me know when you come out to visit. It would be so much fun to get together this summer/fall with all the little ones.
Enjoy the snow! I think we almost hit 60 today. :)
Rachel,
COngrats on your pregnancy! How wonderful!
the boys keep getting cuter and cuter!!!! My, how you must be so busy with them :)
My niece was in Arlington and recently moved into D.C....if we get down there, we'll have to get together.
You're a perfect "boy mom" - trust me. I am so excited for you Rachel!!! The boys are so handsome and I love seeing the new pics of them as they are getting so big. I sure do miss you guys though.
Post a Comment