Its been awhile since I've posted so just wanted to write a quick update. There haven't been any referrals in like 8 weeks? Crazy but I know the courts are closed and this is kind of "vacation time" in Ethiopia. So, nothing to report. I continue to wait on the Lord and trust his timing-some days I do a better job than others:) We are staying super busy though this summer-every weekend seems a bit crazy. Last weekend Sean and I were both home so we decided to hike up to camp Mier (sp?), which is base camp on Mount Rainier. Next week Sean is planning to hike up to the top so we went to 10,000 feet (the top is 14,0000)...oh my goodness I have never been so tired! Definitely the hardest hike I've ever done-All day hike up, then we slid on the snow almost the whole way down on our behinds! When we were closer to the bottom, we kept noticing the kids-how far do parents push them...when will we be able to bring our kids to do a bit of hiking?
This weekend is my friend Natalie's wedding:) I am a bridesmaid and quite excited. On Saturday after the wedding my mom, Sean and I leave for Bend Oregon (6 hour drive) to join a family reunion there...We have people staying at our house either for the reunion or the Mt. Rainier hike for the next 10 days...busy busy...but thank goodness as it keeps my mind occupied during this grueling wait!
I can't wait to report who are dear children will be-I keep hoping it will be my next post but there are no guarantees in this adoption process!!!
Thank you for all your prayers~
Rachel
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
agh!! my heart started to beat faster when I saw you had a new post!! I think our whole little adoption community is praying for you!
I just know you will be the next person called! I keep checking your blog and the yahoo chat group for your good news!
Yes, keeping busy helps...hope you are having a good vacation.
Looking forward to that post that tells of your referral!!!
I've been waiting for those sibling referrals to come rolling in for you! I hope you're both hanging in there! Have you heard where you are in line at this point? Hoping you hear good news really soon!
just stopping by to say that I'm thinking of you and I think you must have "patience is a virtue" down by now ;)
can't wait til you get your call :)
ok, so where's your next post???? :)
Post a Comment